The Monero Standard #13: 11 May 2022 - 18 May 2022
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Fun Facts
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- Shruum wallet, Tor-only monerujo fork, v1.1.5 has been released along with the shruum's F-Droid repository so you can download and use the app more easily.
- Monerobull, maintainer of monerosupplies.com, announced the "Fund a Guerrilla / Get Funded" for easing the case for people who want to spread the word by stickers and don't have enough fund to do so.
- Check this silly cartoon built by Gingeropolous for an illustration on how view tags will work.
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$3.040 billion|
|Total Supply||18,122,767 XMR|
|Price||$167.78 2.9% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$185.98|
|Average Transaction Fee||0.0001 XMR ($0.017)|
|Block Reward||0.6179+0.00344 XMR ($104.25)|
|Hashrate||2.751 Ghash/s +0.6% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||9.5%|
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- Cake Wallet is hiring wallet developers.
- Haveno is looking for Java devs to solve the project's issues
- Help test the upcoming major Monero release for bugs
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- jeffro256: part-time dev work 2022Q3
- Moneroj.net improvements, articles and maintenance (3 months)
- Research Computing Upgrade
- Seraphis Wallet PoC 2 funding proposal
- Monero business kit
- Patronero - Open Source project for donating by mining
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
- Monero Afghanistan Expansion Strategy
Meme of the Week
The Hidden Costs of a Universal Basic Income by Arkadiusz Sieroń on Mises.org
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix.
Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.