The Monero Standard #16: 1 June 2022 - 15 June 2022
Welcome to Tail Emission Era!
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Facts or Guides
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- Tail emission has been started; From now on block rewards are going to be forever fixed at 0.6 XMR per block.
- Haveno halted the development of the UI due to "low market value". No target price or ETA was specified and another controversy has already begun.
- EFF article "How Government Buys our Cell Phone Location Data".
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$2.029 billion|
|Total Supply||18,134,922 XMR|
|Price||$113.85, -39.68% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$113.57|
|Average Transaction Fee||0.000079 XMR ($0.0089)|
|Block Reward||0.6000+0.00402 XMR ($67.61)|
|Hashrate||2.452 Ghash/s -11.24% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||13.5%|
Facts or Guides
XMRvsBeast has requested all Monero node operators to consider enabling ZMQ by adding 3 simple config options to allow the usage of your node for P2Pool mining. You can see a list of currently ZMQ-enabled public nodes here.
No new merchant, consider earlier issues.
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- Help test the upcoming major Monero release for bugs
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- MoneroSigner. Fork of seedsigner for Monero
- escapethe3RA Monero Observer maintenance (Summer 2022)
- XMR BTC Atomic Swaps Desktop GUI - Continued development
- jeffro256: part-time dev work 2022Q3
- Moneroj.net improvements, articles and maintenance (3 months)
- Monero business kit
- Patronero - Open Source project for donating by mining
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
- Monero Afghanistan Expansion Strategy
Meme of the Week
SpackleXMR's Videos About Math Behind Monero
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix.
Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.