The Monero Standard #17: 15 June 2022 - 29 June 2022
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Facts or Guides
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- l0nelyc0w published the design visualization of Haveno's fork, Penumbra.
- You can watch the recent MoneroKon22 talks in this YouTube playlist.
- Mental Outlaw shared a video titled "The Crypto Market Dumps Again (XMR is on Sale!)" featuring Monero.
- CakeWallet is planning to launch a gift card marketplace, Justin Ehrenhofer mentioned in MoneroKon22.
- XMRig v6.18.0 with support for upcoming V15 hard-fork of Monero has been released.
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$2.145 billion|
|Total Supply||18,141,105 XMR|
|Price||$118.24, -0.66% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$130.11|
|Average Transaction Fee||0.0001 XMR ($0.012)|
|Block Reward||0.6000+0.00478 XMR ($71.51)|
|Hashrate||2.93 Ghash/s -4.46% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||13%|
Facts or Guides
Run a Snowflake Proxy
Snowflake is a system to defeat internet censorship. People who are censored can use Snowflake to access the internet. You can help people in censored countries by running a Snowflake proxy either by installing an extension in your browser, using the command-line version or enabling the embedded version on snowflake.torproject.org. Experimental way for mobile devices is to install the Orbot application (F-Droid, GitHub, iOS) and enable "Run Snowflake Proxy" in the settings.
Kuyumcu XMR/NANO Swap
Kuyumcu XMR/Nano Swap is where you can instantly swap your sweet Moneroj to Nano cryptocurrency or vice-versa. Nano is a new type of cryptocurrency with zero fees and instant payments; Keep in mind that Nano doesn't have the same privacy luxury as Monero.
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- Help test the upcoming major Monero release for bugs
- 2 XMR bounty for restoring "Funds" tab of BISQ legacy UI to Haveno
- Live Monero Decoy Scanner for knowing when one of your outputs were used in a transcation as decoy.
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- LeoNero: full-time dev work in July and August
- Procure and distribute Monero merchandise at Defcon 30
- Serve Monero visitors at Defcon 30
- Add Garlix.io proposal
- MoneroSigner. Fork of seedsigner for Monero
- escapethe3RA Monero Observer maintenance (Summer 2022)
- XMR BTC Atomic Swaps Desktop GUI - Continued development
- jeffro256: part-time dev work 2022Q3
- Moneroj.net improvements, articles and maintenance (3 months)
- Monero business kit
- Patronero - Open Source project for donating by mining
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
- Monero Afghanistan Expansion Strategy
Meme of the Week
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix. Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.