The Monero Standard #20: 13 July 2022 - 20 July 2022
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Facts or Guides
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- Monero v0.18.0.0 'Fluorine Fermi' released. This is a hard-fork version and required for your wallet to remain functional after August 13th.
- CryptoMorpheus announced the cancellation of Moneroj.net's CCS proposal along with new charts. If you enjoyed the improvements, consider donating to the site.
- Monero blockchain's transactions count reached a new ATH of ~47K/day.
- Coin Bureau's new video titled "Crypto Regulations INCOMING! Here's What They Could Look Like".
- RINOwallet has published "Resources for upcoming hardfork".
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$2.704 billion|
|Total Supply||18,150,961 XMR|
|Price||$149.18, 11.48% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$169.32|
|Suggested Transaction Fee||4 piconero per byte|
|Block Reward||0.6000+0.00386 XMR ($89.95)|
|Hashrate||2.54 Ghash/s, -3.24% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||15.0%|
Facts or Guides
Android's DNS over HTTP/3
Google announced integration of DoH for android devices. Prior to this, since Android 9.0, users could use the "Secure DNS" option to use DoT, a different implementation, for a secure resolver at their devices. Now in the latest versions of Android Secure DNS option detects if the provider have support for DoH and upgrades the connection for a faster, securer and more censorship-resistant DNS-resolving experience.
- For lists of merchants and businesses related to Monero, consider Monerica, official website's 'merchants' page and prior issues of this magazine.
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter have had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- monero-bash continued development (3 months)
- Continued Feather Wallet development (3 months)
- ETH-XMR Atomic Swap continued development for 4 months
- v1docq47 - video creation and translations into russian (august 2022 - january 2023)
- Add Garlix.io proposal
- MoneroSigner. Fork of seedsigner for Monero
- Monero business kit
- Patronero - Open Source project for donating by mining
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
- Monero Afghanistan Expansion Strategy
- j-berman full-time development (3 months)
- escapethe3RA Monero Observer maintenance (Summer 2022)
- jeffro256: part-time dev work 2022Q3
Meme of the Week
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix. Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.