The Monero Standard #21: 20 July 2022 - 27 July 2022
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Facts or Guides
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- John Foss, author of The Monero Moon newsletter, wrote a twitter thread, "Monero Network Upgrade (Hardfork)", looking into 'A Short History Of Monero Network Upgrades, and What The Upcoming Network Upgrade In August 2022 Means To You'.
- Monero Guides's newest tutorial, "Mining Monero; P2Pool Quick Start Guide", has been uploaded.
- Non Essential Thoughts Youtube channel posted "Why Monero Is a Better Store of Value Than Bitcoin". Take a look at a similar article in our knowledge base.
- Morpheus reports "Monero had 20% of the number of transactions Bitcoin had on July 24th, breaking all-time-high on this matter".
- Shermand100 announced PiNodeXMR v5, with Monero 0.18.0.0.
- Haveno introduced BeldexCoin as the project's newest sponsor.
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$2.916 billion|
|Total Supply||18,153,297 XMR|
|Price||$160.66, 6.28% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$167.44|
|Suggested Transaction Fee||4 piconero per byte|
|Block Reward||0.6000+0.00498 XMR ($97.2)|
|Hashrate||2.463 Ghash/s +7.01% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||15.5%|
Facts or Guides
XMR.sh is an attempt to make setting up a Monero node as fast and easy as possible with just one command. All you need is a Debian, Ubuntu or Fedora box.
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter have had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- monero-bash continued development (3 months)
- ETH-XMR Atomic Swap continued development for 4 months
- v1docq47 - video creation and translations into russian (august 2022 - january 2023)
- Add Garlix.io proposal
- MoneroSigner. Fork of seedsigner for Monero
- Patronero - Open Source project for donating by mining
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
- Monero Afghanistan Expansion Strategy
Meme of the Week
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix. Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.