The Monero Standard #22: 27 July 2022 - 4 August 2022
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Facts or Guides
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- Alex from LocalMonero was interviewed by The Hated One about "cryptocurrency and corrupted YouTubers", see the interview here.
- MineXMR.com, the controversial pool due to recent centralization concerns, is set to shut down on August 12th (one day before the hardfork). They recommended p2pool as an alternative to the pool's miners.
- MoneroMarket.io, an ebay-like website with escrow and XMR got launched.
- Monero blockchain has had the most busy month in July confirming transactions, with a new all-time high of ~963K.
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$2.935 billion|
|Total Supply||18,156,481 XMR|
|Price||$161.67, 0.42% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$164.69|
|Suggested Transaction Fee||4 piconero per byte|
|Block Reward||0.6000+0.00451 XMR ($97.73)|
|Hashrate||2.463 Ghash/s +7.01% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||11.3%|
Facts or Guides
- None for this issue. Consider prior ones.
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter have had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- p2pool-report, a script helping you generate P2Pool mining revenue reports
- selsta part-time monero development (3 months)
- monero-bash continued development (3 months)
- v1docq47 - video creation and translations into russian (august 2022 - january 2023)
- MoneroSigner. Fork of seedsigner for Monero
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
Meme of the Week
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix. Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.