The Monero Standard #8: 6 April 2022 - 13 April 2022
Table of Contents
- Recent News
- Price and Blockchain Statistics
- Fun Facts
- Notable Projects
- Meme of the Week
- Study Time
- Donation and Contact
- Monerun, A worldwide co-ordinated Monero run on centralized exchanges in 2022 to force centralized exchanges to buy back real Monero, is planned for April 18th. Be sure to take control of your coins on that day to squeeze them hard.
- MoneroKon 2022 tickets are available through MoneroKon.com.
- Centralized exchanges like Binance and Huobi disabled XMR withdrawals for the excuse of "maintenance".
- Reuters article of "Cryptoverse: Remember when bitcoin was 'anonymous'?" featuring Monero.
Price and Blockchain Statistics
|Market Capitalization||$4.242 billion|
|Total Supply||18,106,696 XMR|
|Price||$234.13 5.24% in 7 days|
|LocalMonero's Street Price||$243.51|
|Average Transaction Fee||0.00016 XMR ($0.037)|
|Block Reward||0.6486+0.00519 XMR ($153.05)|
|Hashrate||2.966 Ghash/s -2.88% in 24 hours|
|Transaction Ratio to Bitcoin||9.1%|
Cell Phone Metadata
Recently a spike in sales of "dumb phones" has shown us that more people are now concerned about their personal privacy while using a cell phone. Cell phones, especially smart phones, are a great threat to your personal privacy when they are connected to internet. Even without the internet, today smart phones are becoming harder and harder to mitigate basic privacy concerns like location discovery when using a sim card with, due to the stupid "integration" of batteries. Here's Richard Stallman, founder of Free Software Foundation, explaining why.
Remember the most important goal of Monero is to always rise the cost of mass surveillance, be sure to adapt that in other aspects of your life. Use a linux/*BSD computer, reject smart phones, reject IoT and Internet of Bodies, become your true self.
- MoneroOutreach.org has a very detailed article for newcomers and how they can help and contribute to the idea and philosophy of Monero, check them out. Also be sure to check this article in LocalMonero's Knowledge Base.
- Monero Bounties website is a well-written and up-to-date source of Monero projects.
- LibRedirect is a free-software extension for major browsers (currently available for Firefox and Edge in their native stores) that redirects you to privacy-preserving alternatives for many mainstream online services such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, Wikipedia and more. Their GitHub repo is available here. Please note that Tor Browser developers advise not to install any additional extension into their browser, LibreWolf and Brave seem to be fine.
- Monero Art Fund is a community effort of artists and designers who try to provide the community with the latest gorgeous designs of MoneroChan, the anime girl becoming the mascot of Monero. If you enjoyed the art, support them by donation to help them continue. We at this newsletter had the pleasure to use their arts because we're too lazy. :)
- Patronero - Open Source project for donating by mining
- HotShop Point of Sale
- Let more people use XMR, telegram push, small transactions done in seconds, docker private deployment, provide free API service
- Translation of Monero GUI Wallet, CLI Wallet, monero-site, Behavioral Finance, Cryptocurrency Markets (subtitles), Moneropedia, User Guides to Greek
- The Monero Moon CCS proposal - March 2022
- Monero Afghanistan Expansion Strategy
- New Animated Videos
- Deploy and maintain Monero Casino.
- SolOptXMR - Solar Optimal mining of XMR
Meme of the Week
Donation and Contact
This newsletter is one of my dedicated jobs and LocalMonero pays me for writing it, but if you've found it informative and helpful, here is my wallet address:
Found anything worth noting? Want to send something to be included in the next issue? Want to chat about something?
You can contact me on XMPP and Matrix.
Be aware that Matrix is centralized due to the fact that most people make an account on Matrix.org operated by the Matrix Foundation - That's a lot of metadata controlled unjust by just one entity.